The Most Holy Trinity, June 07, 2009

PRAYER FOR THE MIDDLE-AGED

Lord, you know I am growing older,
Keep me from becoming talkative and possessed with the idea that I must express myself on every subject.
Release me from the craving
to straighten out everyone’s affairs.
Keep me from the recitation of endless details,
Give me wings to get to the point.
Seal my lips when I am inclined
to tell of my aches and pains.
They are increasing with the years and my love to speak of them grows sweeter as time goes by.
Teach me the glorious lesson
that occasionally I may be wrong,
Make me thoughtful and not nosey, helpful but not bossy,
With my vast store of wisdom and experience
it does seem a pity not to use it all.
But, you know, Lord,
that I want a few friends at the end.

MOONCOIN LOURDES/HOSPICE FUND
Our sponsored walk will take place
next Sunday, June 14, at 12 noon
in the GAA Complex.
We are pleased to announce that our very own
High King, Darren Holden,
will be coming to support us on the day.
We would be delighted if
the community
would come and enjoy some
light entertainment
while the walk is in progress.
Don’t forget your autograph book. and camera.

FAS C/E SCHEME
Applications are welcome for 3 placements on the FAS C/E Scheme in the areas of Kilmacow/Slieverue/Mooncoin. These posts will become vacant in early July.
If you would like to participate in the Scheme, or require further information on the Kilmacow/Slieverue Community Employment Scheme please contact Jay Shanahan (087 2864952) or Noel Dunphy (087 7592201) at the Community Hall Office (Tel 051 881984) or email kilmacowcentre@live.com.

CEMETERY MASSES
Mooncoin (New): Friday, 12th June at 7.30pm
Mooncoin (Old) : Tuesday, 16th June at 7.30pm
Kilnaspic: Thursday, 16th July at 7.30pm

SACRED HEART THANKSGIVING MASS
Fr Bernard J. McGuckian S.J will concelebrate in our Thanksgiving Mass in honour of the Sacred Heart on Tuesday, June 9, at 7.30pm in Mooncoin Church. Groups taking part in the ceremony are asked to assemble at 7.00pm please.

FOUND
On Kilmacow Road. Bracelet with name and date inscribed. Phone: 895181.

MOONCOIN
CLEANERS: June 13/20 Hannah O’Shea, Michelle Forde, Martina O’Reilly, Margo O’Brien.

CARRIGEEN
MINISTERS: June 13 (8pm) Anne Walsh (C), Declan Walsh. June 14 (10am) Noreen Walsh, Eileen Williams.
READERS: June 13 (8pm) Suzanne Halley, Frank Hogan. June 14 (8pm) Pat & Siobhan Dunphy.
ALTAR SOCIETY: June 13 - Ann Grant, Mary Fewer.

KILNASPIC
MINISTER: June 14 - Brigid Rochford.
READER: June 14 - Jason Dunphy.
CLEANERS: June 13/20 - A. Dunphy, M. Frisby.

SYMPATHY
We commend to your generous prayers Breda O’Keeffe, Filbuckstown, who was interred during the week. May she Rest in Peace.

MONTH’S MIND
Richard Walsh, Clogga.

ANNIVERSARIES
Neddie Foran, Ardera.
Larry Dunphy, Polerone.
Michael Hayes, Ardera.
Edmund Walsh, Ballincur.
John O’Hanlon, Filbuckstown.
Joan Walsh, Aglish.
Tom Walsh, Portnahully.
Margaret Thomas, Polerone.
Tom Nolan, Whitehall.
Thomas Barden, Kilnaspic.
Anna Clarke, Clogga.
Ned & Statia Bowe, Cloncunny.